Welcome

Welcome to my blog!!! This is a place where I will share, my hopes, dreams, and visions with you! Photography is my passion and I want to give you a first hand look at why I love doing this so much. Thanks for visiting! XOXO Renée

I Heart Faces Week 43 Challenge: Pink Week (in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness)



Many of you don't know too much about my family and our history with breast cancer. It's a touchy subject for me, partly because of what me and my family have been through and partly because I am concerned for my future. My mom is the first of the breast cancer survivors in my family, followed by BOTH of her parents. It's interesting that she got it first and then her parents had it several years later. There were no warning signs for my mother and I admire her even more for fighting through it. She is such a strong woman and I hope to be a great example to my children as she was to me. I also have to give thanks to the man above. Because of his good grace, he saved all three of their lives. I can not tell you enough how good he truly is. It's been just me and my mom for as long as I can remember. She is my heart and soul and I have no clue where I would be without her.

Despite the bumps in the road, dealing with breast cancer has prepared me for my future and it has made me take extra precaution at an early age. I can't stress the importance of breast cancer awareness to people enough. Take care of your body and get checked out. Not only for your benefit, but the benefit of your family, freinds, and loved ones. Be an example to those you love.

As you can tell I was very excited about this particular I Heart Faces Challenge. Not only can I honor those men and women (yes...guys can get it too) who have been and are currently going through the breast cancer battle, but I get to incorporate one of my loves....photography! The picture that I chose to use for this competition is a picture from one of my first ever shoots that I did. It's amazing when I look back at the photos I took just 6 months ago and I can see how much my photography has grown.

If you didn't get anything out of my story.......please remember this one thing: Think Pink and keep the awareness going...not just in October, but every day!

I Heart Faces: Week 43 Challenge

10 comments:

Kristen Vincent Photography said...

Love the colors

Susan said...

GREAT shot and what a BEAUTIFUL testimony. So blessed your mom and parents are suvivors!!

Jessica Stier said...

Beautiful!
Thanks for sharing your great story. It is a great reminder for ALL of us.

nay_nay84 said...

Thanks so much ladies!!! You make my heart smile! =)

Tracey Washington said...

beautiful and inspiring. Peace, grace and love to your family of Surviors. :)

nay_nay84 said...

Thanks so much Tracey!

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

love her pink dress. inspirational story

nay_nay84 said...

Thanks so much Hope! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog!!

Johnna said...

Abolutely delightful! Amazed by your strength :).

nay_nay84 said...

Thanks sweet Johnna!

Post a Comment