Welcome

Welcome to my blog!!! This is a place where I will share, my hopes, dreams, and visions with you! Photography is my passion and I want to give you a first hand look at why I love doing this so much. Thanks for visiting! XOXO Renée

Sunday Reflections: A New Love

It's been a great week and here we are getting ready to start a new one. This week has perhaps changed my life forever. As I told most of you earlier this week, I had the opportunity to gather with many female photogs that I admire at a luncheon Wednesday. I had the opportunity to learn tips and tricks from them as well as discover who I am and what I want to be.

I know what my style is, the hard part is getting the creative tools (lenses) to help get me there. My style is anything, modern-vintage, romantic, and soulful. I want my photos to reflect those three things. This weekend, I believe I have achieved that my friends. While I've had many great shoots in which I was proud of, for the first time I believe I have captured a shoot that is truly my style.

I have heard a lot about the 85mm 1.8 lens and I have been dying to try it. It makes pictures look creamy like butter. Some of you will be very confused by this, but it gives my photos that romantic feel. Since defining the style of my business earlier this week...I decided to go ahead and rent the 85mm lens this weekend for a shoot with my friend Jessica (I tell you more about her when I post the full session later this week). I couldn't have been happier with my decision to do so. I am one happy girl!

You guys will start to see some changes to my website and business in general as I revamp it to truly represent me and who I've become as an artist.

Special thanks to Jessica for being my model this weekend. You are simply stunning and I am proud to call you one of the greatest friends I have ever had!

Have a great week!

xoxo

Renee


Here is a sneak peek of what's to come this week! I'm super excited about it!

9 comments:

Alex said...

Gorgeous! You have no idea how happy this post makes me that 1) You have had your first shoot where you really feel that you have nailed your style 2) That photo is GORGEOUS and 3) The 85mm 1.2 has been on my wish list for too long. I can't wait till I own one :)

nay_nay84 said...

Thanks sp much Alex! It's a great feeling! It's been a BIG week for me and I am very happy! Thanks for stopping by! xoxo

toni said...

Renee is that the 85 1.8 or 1.2? This photo is gorgeous! I have the 1.8 and never get photos that pretty! Were you wide open?

nay_nay84 said...

Hey Toni! Thanks so much. It was the 1.8 and yes I shot wide open! Love this lens! It's my new favorite!

Shauna Veasey said...

I can't get over how flipp'in amazing this photo is. I want it framed in my house. Renee, you nailed it. You GO GIRL. I look forward to watching you grow with your new lens :)

nay_nay84 said...

Thanks so much Shauna! I am definitely getting some of these framed or put on canvas. It's just the beginning stages of the revamp of my business, but I am so excited! Thanks for the kind words! Stay blessed!

Jessica Lyness said...

Great Blog Renee! I cannot wait to see the rest :) Thanks for the day out- I enjoyed seeing you behind the camera doing your thing!

nay_nay84 said...

And I enjoyed seeing you infront of my camera! You were simply stunning and I could not have asked for more! Love you!

Jessica Lyness said...

Man, you know how to make a girl feel good :)

Post a Comment