Welcome

Welcome to my blog!!! This is a place where I will share, my hopes, dreams, and visions with you! Photography is my passion and I want to give you a first hand look at why I love doing this so much. Thanks for visiting! XOXO Renée

The Sound of Music

Music.

Yet another reason that I love life. I think the reason that I love music so much is because there are so many songs that seem like they speak to me. They are songs that speak words that my heart is feeling. My collection of iTunes is rather large and come to think of it, when I look at how much money I've spent purchasing music, it makes me sick to my stomach. I own 2,008 songs....so you do the math....

Any who, I feel like I am able to connect with artists through their music and that is important to me. Once I make that connection, I always come back for more. The artists and the music that I collect are also expressions of me and who I am as a person. It's funny because my collection of music is very eclectic. It ranges from Brad Paisley (yes, really!) to the likes of Kanye West. I warned you...I'm all over the place, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

I don't like to put limitations on my music style. Much like photography, it is a creative outlet....and when I put the 2 together....it can be creatively dangerous.

Lately one song has really been the backbone of the things I do in life. It's such an empowering song and a great edition to my playlist. Katy Perry's "Firework" It's kind of been like a theme song for me thus far in 2011.

Here is a snippet of some of the lyrics that really touched my heart:

You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

Maybe you're reason why all the doors are closed
So you could open one that leads you to the perfect road
Like a lightning bolt, your heart will blow
And when it's time, you'll know

You just gotta ignite the light
And let it shine
Just own the night
Like the Fourth of July

Cause baby you're a firework
Come on show 'em what you're worth
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
As you shoot across the sky-y-y


The words of this song just keep me going and it reminds my of the various reasons I continue to work so hard at this photography thing. No matter how many no's you get...eventually there will be a yes. Keep working hard and that moment, the one that let's you know that all your hard work has paid off.....that moment will come!

If any of you have "go to" songs that you love....please share! I am always looking for songs (old and new) to add to my collection.

Hope you're week has started off great!

xoxo

Renee


The Sound of Music





0 comments:

Post a Comment